Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is a not-for-profit, 89-bed hospital located 55 miles southwest of Chicago in the heart of Grundy County. Serving patients at 22 locations, we have physician offices in Braidwood, Channahon, Dwight, Gardner, Marseilles, Mazon, Morris, Newark, Ottawa, and Yorkville. We are best known for our compassionate and personalized approach to care.
New cardiologist joins Morris Hospital practice
A new cardiologist has joined our team! G. Steinar Gudmundsson, M.D., has teamed up with cardiologists Dr. Syed Ahmed and Dr. Athar Saeed at Morris Hospital Cardiovascular Specialists. Together, they diagnose, treat and manage cardiovascular conditions through their Channahon, Dwight, Morris and Ottawa offices. Click here to learn more about Morris Hospital Cardiovascular Specialists.
- "I love Morris Hospital and I have never had a bad experience. I have cirrosis of the liver and they saved my life at Christmas time. The doctors were wonderful and the nurses were fabulous. I wouldn't go to any other hospital. Thank you Morris Hospital staff. You are great!!!!"
- "My son was born at Morris hospital on 4/30/14. Every member of the staff was professional and informative, friendly and warm, and prompt with impeccable service. I couldn't have asked for a better place our group of people to care for me and my family. THANK YOU TO ALL THE MORRIS HOSPITAL STAFF!"
- "I went to the Ridge Road campus for my mammogram yesterday. I was greeted with a smile by Gretchen. She then brought me to the back and proceeded with my test. Gretchen was very friendly, courteous and professional. Most of all, she was extremely compassionate and made me feel very comfortable during a procedure which, I must say, can be a bit uncomfortable. Once again, the staff of Morris Hospital has exceeded my expectations."
- New Siblings Starts 9/7/2016
- I Can Cope Support Group Starts 9/8/2016
- Babysitter’s Training Course Starts 9/10/2016
- Know the Warning Signs of Sepsis
In recognition of September as National Sepsis Awareness Month, Morris Hospital wants to educate the community on the warning signs of sepsis, the body's potentially life-threatening response to infection.
- Morris Hospital Re-Designated as Level II Perinatal Care Provider
Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers has been re-designated as a Level II perinatal care provider by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Morris Hospital Launches New Breathers' Support Group
Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is starting a new Breathers' Support Group for individuals with chronic lung disease.