Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is a not-for-profit, 89-bed hospital located 55 miles southwest of Chicago in the heart of Grundy County. Serving patients at 22 locations, we have physician offices in Braidwood, Channahon, Dwight, Gardner, Marseilles, Mazon, Morris, Newark, Ottawa, and Yorkville. We are best known for our compassionate and personalized approach to care.
Request Your FREE Heart Attack Warning Signs Magnet!
Knowing the heart attack warning signs is crucial. In fact, it could save your life or the life of a loved one. Follow this link to request your FREE heart attack warning signs refrigerator magnet!
- "Because my sister had died of breast cancer, I was frightened when I found a nodule in my breast. I stopped by the hospital to see if a mammogram had been ordered. Much to my surprise and to my relief, Carrie, who does mammograms worked me into her busy schedule within an hour and a half of my arrival. Thank you, Carrie, you are certainly a great asset to the great reputation of Morris hospital. Others at the registration and scheduling desk were very kind also."
- "I delivered our first child 2 weeks ago at Morris Hospital. I ended up having an Emergency CSection due to the fact the baby had turned breech. The entire staff at the Morris Hospital was fantastic from the minute I walked in the door to the minute we were discharged. My OB, Dr. Erik Muraskas treated us with the utmost respect, and provided exceptional care. The staff in Family Birthing is awesome! I can't imagine having the next little one anywhere else. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!!"
- "I was unexpectedly admitted to Morris Hospital. I can only say that everyone there was WONDERFUL. I had to stay for almost a week and all the nurses, aides Doctors and everyone couldn't have been nicer. Thanks all!!!!"
- Heart Failure Support Group Starts 2/2/2017
- Heart Failure Starts 2/2/2017
- Introduction to Breastfeeding Starts 2/6/2017
- Morris Hospital Endocrinologist Advises Getting Checked for Pre-Diabetes
Pre-diabetes is the stage before type 2 diabetes, where blood sugar level is higher than normal, but not high enough to be considered diabetes. For people who have pre-diabetes, their fasting glucose level will test between 100-125, a warning sign that indicates diabetes could develop in the next 5-10 years.
- Morris Hospital Announces Cardiac Screenings at Newark and Seneca High Schools
Morris Hospital will be holding its Rhythm of Our Youth cardiac screening program at Newark High School on February 14 and Seneca High School on March 21. The purpose is to identify area high school students who may be at risk for sudden cardiac death by identifying those who may have existing cardiac abnormalities.
- Dr. Hill earns earns board certification
Melissa Hill, M.D., a pediatrician at the Morris Hospital Ottawa Campus, has been certified in pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics.